- Filters: filters can become clogged and dirty, blocking airflow, reducing efficiency, and allowing dirty air into your coils. HVAC filters need regular cleaning and replacing to maintain efficiency and protect your unit.
- Coils: even with a clean filter, coils collect dirt over time, which reduces airflow and the coil’s heat absorption. Your coil needs to be checked and cleaned regularly.
- Coil fins: coils have aluminum fins that can easily become bent to block airflow. These need to be checked regularly and bent back into shape when necessary.
- Drains: air conditioners produce condensation, and this water needs to drain out to reduce humidity. Clogged drains cause problems, which is why they should be checked and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Winterization: winter weather is hard on an air conditioning unit, so it needs to be cleaned and covered in colder seasons to protect it from debris.
What Regular Maintenance Do Air Conditioning Systems Need?
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 | Smoak's Comfort Control
Arranging a maintenance agreement with HVAC professionals can help you save money as well as keep your home climate controlled year-round. Your air conditioning system is one of the most important components of your home, and preventative maintenance can keep it from breaking down, especially in the heat of the summer when you need it most.
Regular Maintenance Keeps HVAC Working at Peak Performance
Your air conditioner has many important parts that need regular cleaning and attention to keep them operational. Some of the most important components and tasks include:
If you want your air conditioner to work as well as possible for as long as possible, it is important to ensure you handle these maintenance tasks each and every year.
Get Expert HVAC Service With a Maintenance Agreement
The more often you use your air conditioner, the more important it is to keep it well-maintained. You don’t want it to break down unexpectedly, leaving you sweating in the summer heat. You also don’t want to have to replace it every few years simply because you neglected maintenance.
Protect your HVAC system to save yourself money and keep your home comfortably cool. Get a maintenance agreement with our team at Smoak’s Comfort Control today.